Thursday, May 26, 2011

Crostini tomato & caramelized onion

My quick fix "snack" for kids, husband and I tonight...yummm for me !!
after hours taking care
my 6 yrs son with school work and our new born baby,...I was hungry for snack and  need something to feed the kids before their bed time....
a left over bread in the freeze from a couple day ago, tomato, onion and cheese..why not?? " crostini " it took me less than a half hour to make crostini.
It turned out my husband loves it and me too.....well..I am not a bread person but him does. this's one of my favorite  appetizer i said from now.....
 


Ingredients:
* 1 long & thick French bread
* 1 a big onion
* 1small-medium tomato
* 3 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
* olive oil
* salt 
* pepper

Instructions:
 Step 1:  caramelized onion
      - cut slices onion and saute the onion in the pan with olive oil, salt & pepper until 
       union turning brown and soft

Step 2: dice the tomato and mix in small bowl with dust salt, and olive oil

Step 3: cut French bread to thin slices 
          - Heat the grill or oven , place the slices bread into the grill or sheet pan  cook in the oven, and brush 
            the bread with olive oil for both side, let it cooks until grill mark or brown for both side

Step 4: Once crostini done, place some dice tomato over the toast bread and some caramelize onion with 
          sprinkle of Parmesan cheese on the crostini





No comments:

Post a Comment